When it comes to strawberries, we usually envision the familiar red, juicy fruit. However, the world of strawberries is far more diverse and colorful than you might think. Let’s take a journey to explore the vibrant rainbow of colors that strawberries can offer, from bright blue to golden yellow.
- Bright Blue Strawberries: Yes, you read that correctly – bright blue strawberries! These intriguing berries may look unconventional, but their flavor is just as delightful as the red ones we all know. What makes them truly unique is their shiny, metallic sheen. You can now find these blue wonders in stores and supermarkets around the world. Give them a try and experience their mesmerizing appearance and delicious taste.
- Purple Strawberries: Tantalize your taste buds with the exotic flavor of purple strawberries. With a distinct plum taste that sets them apart from regular strawberries, these visually appealing berries are bound to stand out. The rich, royal hue adds an extra layer of allure to this delightful fruit.
- White Strawberries: The white strawberry might surprise you with its pineapple-like scent. Don’t be fooled; it’s a Pineberry strawberry, commonly found in UK supermarkets. When fully ripe, these strawberries transform entirely, turning white while their eyes become dark red. The unique appearance is matched by a unique flavor, making them a must-try for fruit enthusiasts.
- Unripe Strawberries: Some strawberries may appear unripe, lacking the vibrant red hue we associate with this fruit. However, these unique sour strawberries offer a taste experience like no other. They may not be the typical choice, but they’re certainly worth a try for those seeking something different.
- Golden Strawberries: If you’re looking for a strawberry variety with a difference, the golden strawberry fits the bill. It stands out with its extraordinary shape and unusual color – longer and pear-shaped rather than teardrop-shaped. Some enthusiasts even claim that Yellow Strawberries taste better than their red counterparts, making them a rare gem in the world of strawberries.
- Black Strawberries: At first glance, black strawberries might resemble blackberries, but they offer a unique 100% strawberry flavor. These dark-colored berries have gained popularity among fruit lovers in the UK, proving that you shouldn’t judge a strawberry by its color.
- Blue Strawberries: Topping the list of peculiar strawberry varieties are blue strawberries. You might wonder if these are the result of Photoshop or chemical exposure, but the truth is that scientists have harnessed a unique gene to breed blue strawberries. They’ve incorporated the gene that encodes antifreeze protein (AFP) extracted from arctic halibut, resulting in this fascinating color variation. Blue strawberries not only stand out in appearance but also offer an extended shelf life when stored correctly.
In conclusion, the world of strawberries is a delightful spectrum of colors and flavors. These unique varieties open up new horizons for strawberry lovers, inviting them to explore the unexpected and savor the extraordinary. So, the next time you encounter a strawberry in an unusual hue, don’t hesitate to give it a taste – you might just discover a new favorite.